The Cantarito cocktail is a Tequila-based cocktail served in a clay cup known as a jarrito that helps to keep the drink cold. A cantarito contains ingredients such as agave, orange juice, pink grapefruit juice, lime juice, sea salt and grapefruit soda. The cantarito is popular in Mexico but not as well known in the United States.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Tequila Reposado
- 45 ml / 1 ½ oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 20 ml / ¾ oz. freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 15 ml / ½ oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 pinch salt
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Thomas Henry Pink Grapefruit
- Pour all ingredients into ice-filled pot or glass.
- Stir it.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Consider serving with straws.
If you use a Cantaritos clay pot submerge the pot in cold water to clean the inside and wet the outside of the clay pot.
- Tequila Reposado | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Cantaritos clay pot | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Thomas Henry Grapefruit | USA | UK* | Germany*