Fernandito or Fernet con coca (“Fernet and Coke”), also known as fernando, or several other nicknames, is a long drink of Argentine origin consisting of the Italian amaro liqueur fernet and cola, served over ice. Although typically made with Fernet Branca and Coca Cola, several amaro brands have appeared in Argentina since its popularization, as well as ready-to-drink versions.
- 40 ml/ 1 ⅓ oz. Fernet Branca
- Fill a double old-fashioned glass with ice.
- Pour in the Fernet Branca.
- Fill the glass with cola.
- Stir gently.
The cocktail first became popular among the youth of the college town of Córdoba, in the 1980s and—impulsed by an advertising campaign led by Fratello Branca—its consumption grew in popularity during the following decades to become widespread throughout the country, surpassed only by that of beer and wine.
- Fernet Branca | USA | UK | Germany
- Coca Cola | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*