The Paper Plane cocktail is an IBA official cocktail. Developed around 2007 by Sasha Petraske and Sam Ross of Milk & Honey for their former colleague Toby Maloney’s Chicago bar The Violet Hour, the recipe is a riff on the classic Last Word. The cocktail consists of equal parts Bourbon Whiskey, Aperol, Amaro Nonino, and lemon juice. The cocktail’s name is a reference to the M.I.A. track “Paper Planes,” which was apparently a guilty pleasure of Petraske’s.
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Amaro Nonino
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Aperol
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Bourbon Whiskey
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Bourbon Whisky | USA* | UK*| Germany*
- Aperol | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Amaro Nonino | USA | UK | Germany
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*