The Salty Dog cocktail is a lot friendlier than it sounds. This classic cocktail is a modified Greyhound (gin or vodka with grapefruit juice) that is differentiated by the drink’s sugar syrup and salted rim. But that salt rim gives this drink its own identity.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 22,5 ml/ ¾ oz. Sherry
- 90 ml / 3 oz. grapefruit juice
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. sugar syrup
- salt fort the rim
- Take about a tablespoon of salt on a small plate. Rub a slice of grapefruit around the rim of the glass and then press the rim in salt to salt the rim.
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake with ice for about 10 seconds.
- Strain into the salted glass.
- Garnish with a grapefruit slice.
- Smirnoff vodka | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Sherry | USA | UK | Germany
- Sugar syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*