The Ante cocktail is an apple brandy-based crowd pleaser made with 2 other ingredients: Triple sec. and Dubonnet french Vermouth.The Ante cocktail notably features in Harry Craddock’s 1930 The Savoy Cocktail Book.
- 50 ml/ 1 ⅔ oz. Calvados
- 20 ml / ¾ oz. Dubonnet Red
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. Triple sec.
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Add all ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange zest twist.
- Calvados | USA | UK | Germany
- Dobonnet Red | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Triple Sec. liqueur | USA | UK*| Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses| USA* | UK* | Germany*