Said to have been created by a bartender in the 1930s, the Brown Derby cocktail is named after a hip Hollywood restaurant of the time, the Brown Derby. It’s also possible to substitute honey for the maple syrup, but I prefer maple syrup for this cocktail because unless you have a very full-bodied honey, the “hint” of maple syrup goes better with the combination of Bourbon and grapefruit.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. Bourbon Whiskey
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. pink grapefruit juice
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. maple syrup
- Pour all ingredients into shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well.
- Fine strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a grapefruit zest twist.
- Bourbon Whisky | USA* | UK*| Germany*
- Maple syrup | USA | UK | Germany
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*